Admitting Registrar Emergency Per Diem
Arranges for the efficient and orderly admission patients and admission of individuals who have hospital based outpatient testing or procedures. Ensures that the patient information is collected and that patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures. Interviews incoming patient or representatives and enters information required for admission into computer database. Distributes appropriate information to ancillary departments.
- Requires excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to problem solve.
- Requires typing speed of 35-40 WPM.
- Must be able to work under stressful situations and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be dependable, self-motivated and have a flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Prior Admitting experience, medical terminology and medical insurance knowledge strongly desired.
- Previous Billing/Collection experience preferred.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran