Location: Mountain Vista Medical Center
Posted Date: 4/1/2022
Summary: The Assistant Vice President of Human Resources is a hands-on leader responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management for assigned entities. Consults and collaborates with the Hospital President, Senior Leadership Team, and frontline management across the full spectrum of HR issues. Builds, develops and leads the entity HR team in support of both the HR and entity missions and objectives. Leverages personal knowledge of HR content and best practices to assure thorough alignment of HR and entity strategy. Reports to the Hospital President and Regional Vice President of Human Resources.
- Develops and executes strategies to achieve hiring and talent management objectives.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benchmarks jobs against survey data, market data, and internal data to prepare a detailed market analysis for critical roles, as identified.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Provides oversight and performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, investigations and conflict management issues).
- Advises leaders on HR issues including employee relations, training, performance management, leadership development, compensation & benefits administration, and talent acquisition.
- Ensures HR programs support the direction and goals of the Entity while maintaining System alignment.
- Partners with Corporate HR to implement system-wide initiative and programs.
- Initiates continuous process improvement of HR policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensures regulatory readiness and compliance for human resources & staffing requirements (DNV, etc.).
- Directs and manages performance and development of assigned staff members.
- Ensures adherence to Employee Relations philosophy and HR policies/practices to achieve alignment across the system.
- Credible activist and key business ally to all entity leadership and leadership teams in support of the Hospital’s strategic, cultural, operational talent investments.
- Promotes, models and oversees the mission, vision and values of Steward Health Care.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in human resources, business or related field required.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressively complex HR experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Director-level HR role or equivalent
- Prior HR experience in a healthcare setting strongly preferred.
- Strong talent acquisition experience with the ability to effectively strategize initiatives to meet operational needs.
- Advanced level working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Proactive and independent self-starter with the ability to effectively implement initiatives.
- Proven ability to thrive in a rapid based environment by planning, organizing, and setting priorities.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills in dealing with senior management.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and clearly communicate data and concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of all federal, state and local employment-related laws and regulations. Experience in a multi-state work environment.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.