This position is eligible for a Limited Time offer of $1,500.00 Sign on Bonus.
Free meal during the work shift
About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
Cook III is responsible for preparing hot foods for patients, Team Members and visitors on-site. This individual is also responsible for maintaining temperature logs on all foods served, clean-up and sanitation of the kitchen and all applicable documentation such as equipment temperature logs.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Food service experience required; must include cooking experience.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions and be able to read recipes.
- Must be able to operate slicers, mixers, grills, fryers, ovens, steamers, and steam jacketed kettles without assistance.
- Gathers ingredients for assigned menu items. Obtains recipe calibrated for the number of servings specified by either the tally or forecast on production sheet.
- Pre-preps food ingredients for menu items according to standardized recipes. Washes, chops, pans out foods as instructed by the chefs.
- Assembles food ingredients for menu items according to standardized recipes. Measures or weighs every ingredient specified by the recipe.
- Bakes, roasts, fries, broils, and steams vegetables, meats, and other foods.
- Follows correct procedures for processing and assembling ingredients and uses correct pan size as specified by standardized recipe.
- Assembles finished pans of foods on steam tables according to steam table diagrams.
- Sets up grill and/or fryer and fries items as assigned.
- Follows all standards of safe food handling, temperature control, and personal hygiene.
- Records food temperatures onto food temperature logs for end production and holding at specified times.
- Records refrigerator, freezer, and warmer temperatures on equipment temperature logs as assigned. Initiates corrective actions according to policy and procedure.
- Notifies Chef of equipment needing repair so that work orders can be initiated timely.
- Performs general cleaning and sanitizing tasks as assigned and always cleans and sanitizes food contact surfaces before using.
- Attends daily production meetings, in-services, and department meetings.
- Leads daily production meeting in the absence of the Chef.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran