This position is eligible for a Limited Time offer of $1,000.00 Sign on Bonus.
Free meal during the work shift
About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
Works under the supervisor of department Director and Executive Chef. Primary job functions is to cook and portion all food for use on tray line, cafeteria, physician's dining room and special functions according to standardized recipes. Adhering to proper procedures regarding health, sanitation and safety as directed.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Valid Maricopa County Food Handler Card required
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and perform non-complex arithmetic calculations as well as knowledge of quantity preparation of a variety of food items as a level normally acquired through completion of up to six months vocational training in cooking techniques and methods
- Ability to read and adjust recipes
- Must be able to contend with frequent deadlines, irregular activity schedules, and concentrating to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, public and team members
- May be required to work weekends, holidays and a varied schedule based upon the needs of the department.
- Must be fluent in English for reading, writing and speaking
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled