About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
Works under the supervisor of department Director and Executive Chef. Primary job functions is to cook and portion all food for use on tray line, cafeteria, physician's dining room and special functions according to standardized recipes. Adhering to proper procedures regarding health, sanitation and safety as directed.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Technical Training, completion of formal culinary program highly preferred
- Valid Maricopa County Food Handler Card required
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and perform non-complex arithmetic calculations as well as knowledge of quantity preparation of a variety of food items as a level normally acquired through completion of up to six months vocational training in cooking techniques and methods
- Ability to read and adjust recipes
- Must be able to contend with frequent deadlines, irregular activity schedules, and concentrating to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, public and team members
- May be required to work weekends, holidays and a varied schedule based upon the needs of the department.
- Must be fluent in English for reading, writing and speaking
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 125325