Discharge Not Final Coding (DNFC) Coordinator
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
- Reviews the Steward Health Care Coder Hold Report with actions item comments on each account on hold
- Daily review and analysis of DNFB and DNFC reports
- Collaborate with the stakeholders to remediate both uncoded and unbilled accounts as quickly as possible
- Identify trends and reports HIM and Coding leadership.
- Reviews coding work queues daily to ensure accounts ready to code are routed to a coder for timely completion and escalates to appropriate team members and leadership when work queues are outside of turn-around-times
- Monitors and escalates accounts on hold to appropriate team members and leadership to ensure dictated report turn-around-times and other documentation needs for un-coded accounts on hold are met; Follow up for missing documents may include members of the medical staff
- Retrieves missing documentation that is needed to complete coding
- Identifies and reports workflow issues that impact coding and billing completion
- Responsible for working closely with various partners such as the hospital Is responsible for working closely with the hospital HIMD, CRO, physicians, clinical department, and Corporate/Coding teams.
- Collaborate with, and assist, HIM analysts/record processing staff, coding, CDI and the Medical Staff regarding missing physician documentation.
- Maintain daily documentation of reconciliation process for medical records.
- Establish and maintain long-term customer relationships with clinical department, the coding team, CDI, administration, and medical staff members.
- Attends and participates in team meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Coding Manager, Audit/Education Corporate Coding Leadership.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical background and electronic medical record experience
- Excellent analytical and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and reading comprehension skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude, with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively with others.
- Experience with remote work force operations required.
- Strong sense of ethics.
Education: Associates Degree in Health Information Management or related field required; Preferred.
Experience: 1 -3 years medical records or similar work experience required; acute care preferred but could also encompass medical office experience. Electronic record experience with knowledge of electronic record systems. Must possess analytical skills as they pertain to incomplete medical records, strong verbal communication skills for interaction with senior level management and medical staff members.
Software/Hardware: MS Office Suite. Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Applications, including but not limited to: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Teams.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 130118