Echo Tech Lead
About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
This position is responsible for performing and interpreting preliminary, non-invasive cardiac studies; operates ultrasound equipment performing echocardiograms and Doppler investigations. Performs two dimensional ultrasonic recordings of internal organs for the diagnosis of disease and study of the malfunction of organs.
High School Graduate or G.E.D
Technical Training, completion of formal program.
Associates degree and 3+ years of experience preferred
- Demonstrates positive oral and written communication skills.
- Communicates appropriately with patients, their guests, physicians, co-workers and visitors.
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Interacts with a high level of professionalism, respect, and dignity.
- Demonstrates knowledge of departmental Standards of Care and applies to daily practice.
- Participates in the clinical development of self and others to provide for personal growth, unit clinical competency and unit retention
- Demonstrates leadership ability by assuming responsibility and accountability for assigned unit activities and healthcare system goals
- Demonstrates support for organizational goals for improving patient, staff, and physician satisfaction.
- Participates in the department’s continuous quality improvement activities.
- Performs the setup and acquisition of prescribed ultrasound procedures in accordance with established departmental/hospital policies and procedures. Educates patients/families regarding the procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Examples: Obtains and verifies physician order. Selects proper equipment settings and technical factors. Recognizes anatomy and pathology. Explains procedure to patient and family. Performs the processing of prescribed diagnostic ultrasound procedures in accordance with established departmental/hospital policies and procedures. Examples: Correctly identifies and labels films, images, and data submitted to the physician for interpretation. Optimizes the image quality of the films, images, and data submitted to the physician for interpretation. Archives data/reports to backup storage media.
- "Performs prescribed invasive/interventional ultrasound procedures in accordance with established departmental /hospital policies and procedures. Examples: Obtains and verifies required documentation. (i.e. H&P; Lab.; Surgery & Path. Reports; Physician order; consent; and previous diagnostic/therapeutic exam reports.) Performs room setup to ensure safety and prevent contamination. Selects proper equipment and technical factors. Recognizes anatomy and pathology. Assists the physician. Performs room cleanup. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements as indicated. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notify appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance.
- Ensures the efficient operation and workflow of the department by scheduling and re-evaluating workflow throughout the day. This is accomplished by having the exam rooms stocked, performing room set-up, establishing patient transport, and schedule coordination with multi disciplinary team members
- "Prepares and maintains accurate documentation. Examples: a) Patient and exam history forms, order verification, transmittals, RadNet functions, film jackets, content labels. b) Processing appropriate and timely charges for all procedures and supplies. Performs other duties as assigned and appropriate.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disable/Veteran