Food Service Worker
Location: Mountain Vista Medical Center
Posted Date: 7/31/2020
The Nutrition Aide's primary job function is to perform a variety of tasks including assembly of meals, delivery of meals, cleaning and sanitizing work areas, washing dishes, pots and pans and pre-prepping food items for cook and other peripheral areas, such as the dining areas while providing excellent customer service to patients, visitors and staff.
- Requires Knowledge of work routines and procedures and materials used in Dietary normally acquired during less than one full month of work experience.
- The incumbent uses the dishwasher, garbage disposal, carts, refrigerator/freezer, steam table, and mechanical tray line frequently.
- Employee uses knives, serving utensils, garbage carts, patient carts, blender, mixer, and chopper occasionally.
- Must be able to cope with frequent deadlines.
- Must contend with occasional irregular activity schedules and working without the assistance of other personnel.
- Problem solving ability is required in order to follow instruction.
- Must be able to interact and communicate in a positive manner and is solution-oriented when dealing with problems or conflict.
- Is required to have a valid Maricopa County Food Handler Card.
- May be required to work weekends, holidays and a varied schedule based upon the needs of the department.
- Requires the ability to read menus and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- High School grad or GED preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled