Food Service Worker
Free meal during the work shift
About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
The Nutrition Aide’s primary job function is to perform a variety of tasks including assembly of meals, delivery of meals, cleaning and sanitizing work areas, washing dishes, pots and pans and pre-prepping food items for cook and other peripheral areas, such as the dining areas while providing excellent customer service to patients, visitors and staff
Knowledge of work routines and procedures and materials used in Dietary normally acquired during less than one full month of work experience.
- Is required to have a valid Maricopa County Food Handler Card.
- Requires the ability to read menus and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
High School grad or GED preferred.
- The incumbent uses the dishwasher, garbage disposal, carts, refrigerator/freezer, steam table, and mechanical tray line frequently.
- Employee uses knives, serving utensils, garbage carts, patient carts, blender, mixer, and chopper occasionally.
- Must be able to cope with frequent deadlines.
- Must contend with occasional irregular activity schedules and working without the assistance of other personnel.
- Problem solving ability is required in order to follow instruction.
- Must be able to interact and communicate in a positive manner and is solution-oriented when dealing with problems or conflict.
- May be required to work weekends, holidays and a varied schedule based upon the needs of the department.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 122667