Human Resources Business Partner
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) serves as a strategic partner with senior leaders to recommend, influence and guide the development and deployment of strategies, programs, policies, and procedures, driving complex human resources support activities, and driving and providing subject-matter expertise on the development and implementation of organizational change efforts. The HRBP helps to develop and implement better people management practices. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP shares the responsibility for the goals and target delivery.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward
- Acts as a single point of the contact for the employees and managers in the designated business unit(s).
- Partners with business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, and employee engagement
- Provides services and support in multiple functional areas of Human Resources for the hospital
- Consults with management, providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications
- Administers new employee onboarding and off-boarding
- Facilitates new hire orientation and employee recognition programs
- Serves as the primary HR point of contact for leave of absence and workers compensation matters. Reviews and resolves escalated personal and FMLA leave of absence issues. Ensure leaves follow company policy, FMLA, ADAAA, and other applicable federal and state laws
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; safety; and training and development
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations, as needed
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practice to maintain compliance
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: Associate’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required, Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Experience At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP preferred