PAR II / Quality Assurance Coordinator / FT
- Performs daily QA on all required charts and accounts and ensures each criteria is reviewed for accuracy.
- Analyzes QA trends and presents suggestions for improving registration accuracy.
- Ensures all statistics are recorded on appropriate spreadsheet.
- In-Services various departments when procedural changes occur.
- Incorporates ARAP QA into the hospital wide QA plan and provides statistics to Admitting Director on a monthly basis.
- Assists in calling for authorizations or benefits when needed.
- Provides input on processes to improve upfront cash collections.
- Assists in training new employees on HBOC and assists when employees have questions regarding registration issues.
- Inputs all necessary notes in system when an account is changed or corrected.- Keeps abreast of contract changes relating to patient registration and authorization requirements and informs various registration areas.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- 1 to 3 years Admitting Experience preferred
- Prior hospital and/or Quality Assurance experience preferred.
- Competence and ability to organize and prioritize assignments.
- Must demonstrate excellent listening, communication and public relations skills.
- Computer experience preferred with minimum typing skills of 35 wpm, ability to use printers, copiers, fax machines, calculators, various computer programs, optical scanners.
- Ability to teach individuals and small groups.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Women/ Veterans/ Disabled