Patient Access Emergency Registration Full Time Nights
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a full service, 178-bed hospital that opened in July 2007. Mountain Vista has earned a reputation for high-quality care and as a great place to work.
Our main goal is to help patients get well and back to their life as quickly as possible. We use some of the most modern medical technology available, which gives the physicians on the medical staff the ability to diagnose and treat a variety of conditions faster and with greater precision.
We want our patients to have a pleasant, convenient, and comfortable experience. That's why our team is focused on providing an extraordinary level of care from the time the patient enters our resort-like hospital through the time they leave.
Position Summary: Responsible for accurately and timely registering patients. The Patient Access Rep will be well versed in all areas of the Admitting Department including Central Scheduling and Financial Counseling.
- High School diploma/GED required
- 1-2 years admitting experience preferred.
- Prior customer service and collections experience required
- Competence and ability to organize and prioritize assignments
- Must demonstrate excellent listening, communication and public relations skills.
- Computer experience preferred with minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
- Ability to use printers, copiers, fax machine, calculators, various computer programs, optical scanners, and credit card machines
- Ability to transport patients via wheelchair as needed
- Fluency is English (reading, writing, speaking) is required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays based on patient volume and needs of the department
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled