About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
The Pharmacist verifies, prepares, and dispenses medication orders per physician request and according to policies, procedures, and protocols. Ensures safe, appropriate, cost-effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies and procedures. Contributes to the quality and effective operation of the department. Participates in daily clinical patient care activities, such as attending rounds and providing education to staff, students, and patients.
Graduate of a college of Pharmacy accredited by ACPE or equivalent; PharmD preferred
Previous hospital pharmacy experience
Current Licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of Arizona and maintains all required CE
Preferred: BCPS (or advanced credentialing)
Software/Hardware: Preferred: Meditech, Pyxis, Microsoft Office
Must have the ability to perform the following:
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively with hospital and pharmacy staff.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule.
- Ability to set priorities, make critical decisions and respond quickly to emergency requests.
- Fosters a team environment by providing orientation and training to new team members.
- Willingness to be involved in mentoring students and new employees
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Ability to meet the pharmaceutical care needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 124507