Pharmacy Technician - Medication Reconciliation - PRN
Pharmacy technicians assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients. Pharmacy technicians must have a broad knowledge of pharmacy practice, and be skilled in the techniques required to order, stock, package, and compound and otherwise prepare medications. The Medication Reconciliation Technician reviews, clarifies, documents and verifies with the patient if possible, their "Prior to Admission" medications within 24 hours of admission to the hospital. The technician will keep records of all work processed for medication reconciliation performance monitoring.
- A degree or the equivalent combination of education and training experience.
- Three (3) years pharmacy operations experience desired and one (1) year purchasing experience desired; ACPE or ASHP accredited course in compounding sterile preparations preferred.
- Current technician certification and IV certification if position requires compounding sterile preparation and required licensing.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical products, vendors, drug nomenclature and contract negotiations.
- Customer service skills
- Customer oriented at all times - must be diplomatic
- Work within a diverse workforce
- Pressure to perform in emergency situations
- Constant interruptions
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Position is classified as OSHA Category II, where regular job duties have continuous potential of exposure to blood borne pathogens throughout the day. Steady, active work that may include walking, standing, sitting, bending and stooping. Work may involve transporting supplies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled