Location: Mountain Vista Medical Center
Posted Date: 4/6/2021
About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services.
The Pharmacist fills medication orders/prescriptions, monitor patient medication therapies, counsel patients, document interventions, provide drug information, and supervise and direct support personnel. In the absence of a pharmacy supervisor or director, a pharmacist may be required to assume the essential responsibilities and perform the duties of the pharmacy supervisor. The Pharmacist will enhance professional relationships with all departments, staff, and patients. Communicate effectively to promote clinical initiatives, provide patient care and education, and promote pharmacy initiatives. The Pharmacist will provide pharmaceutical care for patients of all ages: from infancy through geriatric. Maintain a professional presence throughout the hospital. Assure pharmacy services and activities are carried out to meet goals and standards of Steward Healthcare. Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Complies with all requirements related to risk management, safety, security, fire, and infection control. Complies with all applicable state, local and federal regulations.
- Current license to practice Pharmacy in state and maintains all required CE
- Graduate of college of Pharmacy accredited by ACPE or equivalent
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Training and proficiency in age specific therapies for hospital patients
- Neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric
- Customer oriented at all times
- Overall decision-making responsibility
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Women/ Veterans/ Disabled