RN / PACU / PRN
Under the supervision of the Director of Surgical Services and Charge Nurse and/or provides professional perianesthesia nursing care for an assigned group of patients across the age continuum. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to direct or provide nursing care. Addresses the psycho-social, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment. Assists with the maintenance of surgical equipment and inventory. Responsible for monitoring patient’s physiological status in the immediate postoperative environment. Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously, and as needed, about patient conditions;receives direction for patient management. Intercedes to maintain optimum homeostasis. Provides supervision and guidance to other members of the Preop/PACU staff and; and may be authorized, in the absence of the Director of Surgical Services, to make decisions affecting the Preop / PACU area.
- Requires current AZ license
- BSN preferred
- BLS, ACLS, PALS
- Min. 1-3 years PACU experience preferred
- Able to work under pressure and in situations that demand patience, tact, stamina and endurance.
- Hours of duty may be irregular or unexpectedly extended due to the requirements of the daily surgical schedule.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of DNV, ASPAN, CMS, and Arizona health record requirements
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Ability to effectively manage confrontational situations with tact and diplomacy
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled