About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services.
Under the general direction of the Security Manager, the Security Officer protects life and property of all persons on hospital premises and patrols hospital buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft, and vandalism. Secures, unlocks, and protects hospital buildings. Responds to security needs of the hospital personnel, patients, and visitors. Participates in performance improvement activities.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to obtain state-required security officer credentials
- 2-5 years of experience in the field of law enforcement, security operations, or a related field
- Ability to lift and move up to 100 pounds
- Demonstrated ability to function calmly and competently in high stress situations.
- Ability to display mental and emotional stamina in situations involving death, multiple patients, family members, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in a health care setting
- A current BLS or a CPI certification
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocolsâ¯
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.