Structural Heart Coordinator
About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
The Structural Heart Coordinator is mainly responsible for the cardiology device programs such as TAVR and Watchman. Communicates with referring physicians and practices to build relationships and volume. Responsible for working closely with all parties to include but not limited to patients and their families, physicians, clinical staff, scheduling, registration, insurance companies, and vendors. Participate in multidisciplinary meetings to present powerpoint presentations and up-dated schedules for patients in queue for possible procedure. Ensure effective communication to all parties delivering superior patient care and experience. Enter all patients' baseline procedures and follow-up visits into the ACC NCDR TVT and LAAO Registries in accordance with all definitions and prior to submission deadlines ensuring follow visits occur within the specified windows. Data to be reviewed for quality improvement on an ongoing basis.
This position reports directly to the Director of Cardiovascular Services, but interacts administratively with the physicians, clinical and administrative staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s Degree Preferred) Relevant work experience may substitute for degree requirements.
- 2-3 years’ of experience in a healthcare environment preferred
- Must have a thorough understanding of billing, information systems, knowledge of medical terminology, and HIPPA requirements.
- Athena and Meditech experience preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance coverage systems, including but not limited to co-payments, prior authorizations and referrals.
- Trained in quality/performance improvement methodology, concepts, education, and implementation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to facilitate efficient and courteous communication with patients and hospital staff.
- Experience with data collection preferred.