Travel - MRI Technician - Local Contract
Offering Premium Pay, Customizable Contracts, Travel Reimbursement, Housing Allowance, Guaranteed Hours, and more!
Local Travel Contracts Available!
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) technicians manage the medical machines that produce three-dimensional images of patients' organs and tissues. MRI technicians work closely with radiologists who read the images to diagnose internal issues of the chest, lungs, brain, spinal cord, joints and more. You may also be responsible for:
- Injecting a special dye into the patient that allows the images to appear on the scanner
- Maintaining the imaging equipment
- Taking patients' medical histories and keeping records up to date
- Explaining the procedure to patients and answering questions
- Preparing and positioning patients for scans
- Using proper safety methods
- Operating the MRI equipment under the doctor's instruction and supervision to image parts of the body
- Working with doctors and radiologists to read images
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BLS, required
- 2+ years of experience desired
- MRI certificate from the ARRT or ARMRIT, highly desired
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 37 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental Insurance, Employee Assistance, Transitions Program, 401(k)
Please feel free to call or email us with any questions regarding the Steward National Traveler Network!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 130070