Assistant Director, Pharmacy - Florence Hospital
The AssistantDirector of Pharmacy is the Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) and expected to performrelated duties as required. The PIC is responsiblefor overseeing the daily operations of the pharmacy department. In addition,the Assistant Director of Pharmacy provides pharmaceutical care to patients asa staff pharmacist as needed. This position will assist the Director ofPharmacy to assure all legal, regulatory,and accrediting requirements are maintained at the best demonstrated practice.Maintain a professional presence throughout the hospital. Assure pharmacy services and activities arecarried out to meet goals and standards of Steward Health Care. In the absence of the Director of Pharmacy,the Assistant Director of Pharmacy is required to assume the essentialresponsibilities and perform the duties of the Director of Pharmacy. The pharmacist may be responsiblefor the purchase of pharmacy inventory to include narcotics and other necessarydrugs, equipment, and items to insure availability. When there is anestablished formulary, the pharmacist is required to adhere to that formularyor follow the established procedure for exceptions. This position will report to and work in conjunctionwith the director of pharmacy at Mountain Vista Medical Center as well asC-Suite leadership at both Florence Hospital and Mountain Vista Medical Center.
Education: Graduate of college of Pharmacy accreditedby ACPE or equivalent
Experience: Previous hospital pharmacy experience (min3-5 years) with preference towards hospital pharmacy management experienceCertification/Licensure: Current license to practice Pharmacy instate and maintains all required CE
- Training and proficiency in agespecific therapies for hospital patients:
- Neonatal, pediatric, adolescent,adult and/or geriatric
- Customer oriented at all times -must be diplomatic
- Manage diverse workforce
- Pressure to perform in emergencysituations
- Overall decision-makingresponsibility
- Ability to perform under constantinterruptions
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Position is classified as OSHACategory II, where regular job duties have continuous potential of exposure toblood borne pathogens throughout the day. Steady, active work that may include walking, standing, sitting, bendingand stooping. Work may involvetransporting supplies.- Provide pharmacy services for the entire marketwhich will include but not limited to: pharmacist consultation, participationin the virtual que(market order entry), etc.
Equal OpportunityEmployer Minorities/ Women/ Veterans/ Disabled
Job Reference #: 1806689