Employee Health RN
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
Our main goal is to help patients get well and back to their life as quickly as possible. We use some of the most modern medical technology available, which gives the physicians on the medical staff the ability to diagnose and treat a variety of conditions faster and with greater precision.
We want our patients to have a pleasant, convenient, and comfortable experience. That's why our team is focused on providing an extraordinary level of care from the time the patient enters our resort-like hospital through the time they leave.
Provides nursing coordination and care of Employee Health Services to employees of Steward Health Care. This includes prevention, recognition, treatment, and education of illness and injury. Responsible for organizing and coordinating the activities of facility’s Employee Health and Worker’s Compensation programs. For operational/administrative purposes, this position reports to the Human Resources Director. Clinical oversight by the Employee Health Manager, Medical Director of Employee Health and/or Chief Nursing Officer. Flexibility to travel and work across the AZ market as needed.
- Provides nursing care including treatment for job related injuries and illnesses, testing, emergency first aid, and follow-up of injury and illness.
- Provides pre-employment screenings of new hires to determine compliance with all applicable health regulations and policies.
- Ensure new hire meet the immunization requirements as indicated for all employees.
- Performs Respirator Fit Testing and training for employees determined to be candidates for wearing a respirator.
- Documents employee care and progress, instructions, worker communication, and communication from other providers in the employee health chart.
- Develops and/or maintains and audits the employee health medical records to ensure continuity of care, employee confidentiality, and feedback to management, in compliance with government regulation and policy.
- Works closely with infection control and employees during outbreak management exposures.
- Implements annual flu vaccination program for all employees, physicians, and contracted staff. Maintains consent form and log of all flu vaccinations given each year.
- Maintains confidentiality and obtains releases when necessary.
- Performs and assesses for Fitness for Duty issues.
- Reviews all work-related injury/illness reports and investigate significant incidents.
- Collaborate with Worker’s Compensation designee to assess the employee’s continuous medical needs and schedule follow up care as appropriate; ensure necessary documentation is completed and given to the appropriate parties. Prepares monthly Workers Comp status report for Risk Manager, Safety Officer, HR Director, and Hospital President.
- Refers employees to FMLA process as needed for any employee who is out of work five or more days as a result of injury or illness sustained at work. Administers return to –work and transitional duty programs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing. BSN or BS preferred. Current state nursing registration as RN, LPN, or LVN.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Knowledge of Worker’s Compensation, DNV, OSHA, CDC, and MDPH guidelines and regulations.
- Knowledge of blood/body fluid post-exposure management protocols, tuberculin skin testing, respiratory fit testing, post offer drug screening, hepatitis B, and measles and flu immunization practices.
- Possess teaching and counseling techniques.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- 3-5 years of nursing experience, preferably in Occupational Health, infection control practice, or emergency care nursing
- Additional languages
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 123465