Location: Mountain Vista Medical Center
Posted Date: 4/8/2021
About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services.
The Health Unit Coordinator position is responsible for accurately registering patients and recording births. This position has initial contact with patients and/or patient representative, physicians, and physicians staff and is responsible for completing, verifying and accurately entering all vital information required for the treatment and billing of all patients. This position also requires entering all physician orders accurately. Provides indirect care in the department setting. Meets communication needs of the department. Transcribes physician orders from records with notation and signatures by nursing staff as required. Prepares and completes records in the department. Maintains regulatory body requirement, policies and procedures and participates in performance improvements. Assists families with information and guidance in accurate completion of their childs birth information. Accurately transmit birth/fetal death information to state data bank.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively with computer based charting and other clinical software programs
- Adaptability to change, multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Prior hospital and/or registration experience preferred.
- Competence and ability to organize and prioritize assignments.
- Must demonstrate excellent listening, communication and public relations skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled