Lead Medical Technologist Blood Blank
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory Director, the responsibility for basic and advanced laboratory functions Must be able to perform patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance. Accurately and promptly performs a variety of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Physical, biological or Clinical laboratory Medical Technology science
- Knowledge of laboratory standards, QC review, calibrations, establishing new lots of controls and reagents, staff competency, regulatory compliance, manual revisions, result reviews, employee evaluations and staffing.
- Must be able to work in all areas of the laboratory (including limited microbiology) at a proficient level. Able to operate all appropriate clinical equipment and perform manual testing in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Advanced computer skills; Ability to adapt to change and manage time.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgment in the completion of assignments and duties.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to cover all shifts and weekends, as hospital needs demand
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled