Medical Records Tech
About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services.
Indexes all documents to the appropriate folder and ensures that each document is assigned the appropriate name. This position will be responsible for assuring that all patient records and loose sheets are scanned into HPF (Horizon Patient Folder) with the highest level of accuracy possible. This employee will also assist as needed to manage incoming department calls and assist physicians, hospital and non-hospital personnel coming into the department.
- RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) Credential, preferred
- Knowledge of JCAHO, CMS, Federal and AZ State charting requirements preferred
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations preferred
- Ability to read and communicate in English
- Basic computer knowledge including E-mail, Microsoft Windows and HIM Software applications
- Well-developed listening, verbal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative to suggest process improvements
- Ability to identify problems and provide realistic workable solutions for daily process issues, paying close attention to detail.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled