Medical Technologist FT Flexible Days Microbiology
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed hospital that is quickly becoming the premier medical facility and hospital of choice for its community. Mountain Vista is equipped with the most advanced medical technology, in a resort-like setting, with features that include all private rooms, electronic health records, room service, and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience.
Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory Director, the responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance. Accurately and promptly performs a variety of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- AAS degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Certified medical technologist (ASCP, AMT,NCA,HEW, ACLS new grads or certification eligible individuals may be considered,but must obtain certification within 8 months of hire) that is able to work in all areas of the laboratory (including limited microbiology) at a proficient level.
- Able to operate all appropriate clinical equipment and perform manual testing in a safe and appropriate manner
- Able to operform the necessary functions on the facilitys computer system and other computer programs as necessary
- Able to work a flexible schedule to cover all shifts and weekends, as hospital needs demand
- 1 - 3 years experience preferred
- Adaptability to change, organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment in the completion of assignments and duties
- Basic to advanced computer skills required
- Ability to speak/write English language fluently
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled