Patient Access Coordinator ED Reg
About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
Responsible for accurately and timely registering patients. The Patient Access Rep will be well versed in all areas of the Admitting Department including Central Scheduling and Financial Counseling
.- High School diploma/GED required- 1-2 years admitting experience preferred.
- Prior customer service and collections experience required
- Competence and ability to organize and prioritize assignments- Must demonstrate excellent listening, communication and public relations skills.
- Computer experience preferred with minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
- Ability to use printers, copiers, fax machine, calculators, various computer programs, optical scanners, and credit card machines
- Ability to transport patients via wheelchair as needed- Fluency is English (reading, writing, speaking) is required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays based on patient volume and needs of the department
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled