About Mountain Vista Medical Center
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in east Mesa, Arizona, offering comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services. Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain View Medical Center, is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services to residents of Pinal County. Our patients have access to a full range of excellent health care across our two campuses.
Plant Operations Service Coordinator
The Service Coordinator provides administrative support to the Director of Plant Operations. Procures materials and equipment for use by the Plant Operations Department. Maintains files pertaining to the operations of the Medical Center for use by Plant Operations Department. The Service Coordinator also maintains all clerical duties for the department; receives mail, answers telephones, and prepares reports from data obtained from multiple sources. Maintains department records, requisitions, supplies, equipment, and services as directed in order to promote an efficient office. Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a therapeutic and safe environment for specific age groups served. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers. Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Uses advanced secretarial skills, knowledge of office procedures and independent judgment to design, prepare,
- and format technical reports; gather and summarize data. Has a good working knowledge of various PC spreadsheet applications. Greets visitors, schedules appointments, answers telephone, creates departmental letters, memos, minutes, and other documents.
- Coordinates repairs on all hospital equipment. Purchases materials and parts as necessary for repairs and upgrades to Plant Operations and other hospital equipment. Monitors equipment and repair costs, evaluates invoices and prepares check requests for prompt payments to vendors; obtains purchase orders.
- Resolves vendor invoice discrepancies on all invoices related to service contract, parts orders, and outside service repairs.
- Prioritizes and generates daily work orders for Engineering and Bio-Med Staff. Tracks and logs all preventative
- maintenance documentation per DNV standards. Develops work orders for all outside vendors relating to repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Prepares departmental payroll reports and maintains personnel records on departmental employees, including
- vacation, holiday, sick leave, in-service education, etc. Maintains all department records in an organized and
- secure manner to ensure expeditious retrieval of information.
- Effectively communicates with director, staff, patients, visitors, and other health team members. Maintains a good working relationship within the Department and other departments. Assists with the resolution of problems while supporting the department team.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Two or more years of previous similar experience or the ability to learn and demonstrate competency after successful completion of a training program.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages helpful.
- Excellent typing (minimum of 55 wpm) with knowledge of various software applications.
- Position is classified as OSHA Category III, where regular job duties do not present a risk for exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- For physical demands of position including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran