Location: Mountain Vista Medical Center
Posted Date: 1/24/2022
Responsible for daily interaction with all hospital departments to promptly resolve charge issues identified at the time of coding, necessary to ensure facility cash flow. Collaborate with SHC corporate Meditech Revenue Ops charge experts to assist hospital departments in obtaining charge entry education or guidance, CDM related matters and troubleshoot system/set up issues. Facilitate training for the charging departments through charge capture education provided by the Nursing Information Management Specialist (NIMS. Report to HIM Director any obstacles within charging department processes that may require additional attention.
- Daily resolution of coder charge holds through collaboration with the charging departments.
- Understands charging practices and policies and can explain to others
- Identifies and corrects charge errors
- Assist NIMS with implementing charge capture education and materials
- Review and address daily coder charge hold reports.
- Notifies responsible department leaders of systemic charging errors
- Research and validates requests to verify charge master changes are necessary
- Assists departments with CDM request submission.
- Collaborate with the CBO/Charge Validation/Nurse Auditor to address charge issues as applicable.
- Notifies department managers when specific charging issues are identified within their department and requests resolution
- Monitors and manages ABS Hold reports for timely bill hold resolution
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- General knowledge of acute care hospital revenue cycle processes.
- Skilled in the practice of conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of creating and working with Excel spreadsheets
- Requires a high level of organizational and multitasking skills to manage projects and multiple deadlines
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to troubleshoot charge capture issues.
- Requires exceptional attention to detail.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to positively communicate and collaborate with professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate findings and deliver educational content.
- Minimum Education: Associates Degree
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in HIM
- Minimum experience: 3+ years in healthcare environment in HIM, Business Office
- Preferred experience: Hospital billing and/or coding.
- Preferred licensure/certifications: CCS, CPC-H
- Meditech experience preferred.
- Charge Validation experience preferred