Under the supervision of the Director of Surgical Services and OR Coordinator, assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedures. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure. Directs and/or provides professional perioperative care for an assigned group of patients across the age continuum. Monitor PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies. Cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments. Assists as needed within scope Surgical Technician.Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- Srugical Technician Certification preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology required
- BLS required
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to adapt to change and manage time.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgment in the completion of assignments and duties.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Able to work under pressure and in situations that demand patience, tact, stamina and endurance.
- Hours of duty may be irregular or unexpectedly extended due to the requirements of the daily surgical schedule.
- Knowledge of DNV, CMS, and Arizona health record requirements
- Ability to effectively manage confrontational situations with tact and diplomacy
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled